Tuesday 1 March 2022

9-60 (1/3/22) -- Unexpected Findings

The day was filled with sunshine and blue sky. The plumbers arrived and found a larger job than expected. They need to dig to replace a collapsed pipe -- likely done with the auger used to dig post holes for the fence around the grave yard on next to this property. Permits will take a day or two for some unknown reason and the work should take a day or so. I think that means no major water use in the house until the end of the week. So, it will be like camping indoors -- not my fave but it will have to work. Doing some hand laundry and washing dishes in the sink will have to do until I can use the washer and dishwasher again. There are work-arounds for the bath or shower, too.  

Laissez les bons temps rouler! It is Mardi Gras today. While the plumbing problem wasn't the easy fix we'd expected, I did my best to look up to the blue sky and sun during my walk to look around the neighbourhood. I ate etouffee for supper tonight. I tasted spicier last night, but has mellowed during the day. I was wondering if I had put in more cayenne or perhaps the scotch bonnet sauce. I was not too hot even last night, but the flavours melded better while sitting for a day. It was very yummy.  

Looking out the window when up early this morning to greet the plumbers reminded me of a song -- well that and the lyric calendar on my wall <smile>. The lyric also fits my walk to look around this afternoon. I share the song with you all. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Dear Prudence -- The Beatles



No comments:

Post a Comment