Thursday 3 March 2022

9-62 (3/3/22) -- Searching

We have had light snow from afternoon into evening today. The storm tracked a bit south of us, so local accumulations were less than predicted. I did move some of the snow into the evening once snowfall was tapering off.  

I have felt overwhelmed by many things this week. Sleep and clear thinking have been disrupted. I was planning to look at lecture notes for the class I'm speaking with next week, when I realized the date was actually tomorrow! <sigh> Good that I was checking things on the calendar and noticed this one. <smile>. It feels as if the world around me has turned upside down with so many things outside my control not going in a way that would make me feel calmer. Finding the positive moments in each day can help a bit with some of this. The time outside moving snow or going to pick up bread provided great mental breaks by getting me out into nature. Supper of red beans and rice was a nice treat. I listened to some great music while working in the kitchen. Small things can mean a lot. I just need to pay attention more some days. 

While shoveling a song played through my ear buds. It fit the way I felt -- searching for something. It has been part of this blog over the years, so some of you may find it familiar. Take care. Enjoy! 

River of Dreams -- Billy Joel 



No comments:

Post a Comment