Monday 7 March 2022

9-66 (7/3/22) -- Grateful for Small Things

I was up way too early to move the car out of the driveway at 7 AM to make room for the work vehicles. The entire ground was covered in ice. Thankfully the road had been sanded well, but was still just ice. The walk across the street and back up the drive way was treacherous. The snow on either side of the walkway was soft enough so I walked there instead of along the pathway.  About 9 AM, I got an e-mail noting the job was postponed due to weather from the weekend and expected rain today. They have plans to arrive tomorrow morning. This means another very early day for me -- and anyone who knows me understands that I don't do mornings well. <smile>  I'm a definite night person and always have been. I returned the car to the driveway and put down salt along the walkway. The sun came out briefly then, which also may help to melt the icy parts. 

I never thought that I'd be looking forward to doing laundry <grin>. Maybe tomorrow. This got me thinking of how we tend to take advantage of daily activities and often complain about having to do them. I realized when I went down the stairs to the basement that hanging at the end was a washboard that my grandmother used. It hangs on the wall with a silk flower arrangement. I almost go to the point where that would be a workable solution. Then I realized I didn't have the wringer machine that she had either. The thought of wringing them by hand made my wrists ache. So, without being able to use the appliances in the house -- washer and dishwasher -- has helped me to see things differently. I will try to check myself when I get grumpy or start to complain <smile>. 

I stumbled across a song by an English indie band. The shared song has a new age-ish sound. I like the focus on mundane daily things -- including laundry <smile>. It just seemed to fit some of the thoughts today. 

These are the Things -- Black Box Recorder





No comments:

Post a Comment