Saturday 5 March 2022

9-64 (5/3/22) -- Spring Cleaning Starts

Another sunny day! I completed some heavy household cleaning activities. Lots of  'spring' cleaning is in the near future. I've also been working on decluttering. I don't plan to go the Marie Kondo route <smile>, but I do need to clear through things to keep, donate, and discard. Parts of this process require major emotional input since many things hold deep meaning. Revisiting those memories can create stress even if there is no thought of disposing of such items. I've tried to make a plan to start with some easier areas just to get some momentum started. Then I will try to alternate between contentious and less emotional areas. But first, I have to get started. I'm not sure if this is procrastination or major avoidance behaviour. Neither gets me moving forward well. It could be due to feeling overwhelmed with a number of different difficulties falling all around me. The epitome of avoidance is feeling the need to just hide from it all --not that this is possible. <smile> 

One up note for the day was news that the plumbing work should begin on Monday. This entails replacing a section of the sewer line from the house to the main. I fervently hope to be able to do laundry soon after that. Most clothing can be done by hand, but sheets and towels not so much. <smile> This is one situation that has disrupted my daily activities and routine in a major way. It is outside of my control, but seems to be moving in the right direction. 

While running the vacuum around today, it felt great to get all the dust bunnies of spring-shed fur. I've been picking them up daily recently -- a sure sign of spring beginning. A song from the past came to mind that fit this experience well -- even though a bit tongue in cheek. <grin> Gotta love that bass.  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Another One Bites the Dust -- Queen




No comments:

Post a Comment