Sunday 27 March 2022

9-85 (26/3/22) -- Curmudgeon Complaints?

Clearing more papers filled parts of the day. I have another two large bags for recycling week and got more shredding done, too. These activities seemed appropriate since Earth Hour took place tonight. I'm so glad we have such a comprehensive recycling program with curbside pickup for most items. We have to take some things to depots ourselves, like electronic and hazardous waste items. Even bulky waste, like furniture, is picked up from the curb twice a year. This is a plus of living in a university town; a downside is all the loud party noise like I'm contending with tonight. A live band in a house down the street with listeners spilled into the yard and the regular gang across the street and uphill who will have music blaring until well into the wee hours. I feel curmudgeonly when I complain, but to be honest, I've dealt with this for almost 24 years and I must be getting so very tired of it all <sigh>. 

I'm not fond of complaining, though I catch myself doing this more often than makes me comfortable. I like to find the absurdities in life -- the multiple sides of a situation that might be the source of a complaint. I use sarcasm a lot, so that might sound like a complaint when I see it as a way of dealing with situations and finding that nugget of the absurd. I do outright complain about situations, too. I'd like to find a way of managing that negativity in a more constructive way. Though, expressing one's anger and frustration is better than pushing it all down inside. So, I guess there still may be complaints in my future. Hmmm. 

The selection today includes lyrics that fit my pondering. It feels supportive. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

I Can't Complain -- Patti LaBelle


 


No comments:

Post a Comment