Friday 26 April 2019

Day 6 - 116 -- Saying Goodbye

Many different tasks were completed today. I began with some photography to get a new head shop. That worked quite well. I really dislike having photos taken <smile>. I then got a few groceries, most of which were on sale and yet the final tally was outstandingly huge. <sigh> I then attended an informal tea for the two contract workers whose terms are over soon. Much laughter and relaxed conversations took place. I felt calmer at the end and others looked a bit more relaxed, too. The sun came out in the afternoon and while the north wind was still bracing, the day brightened. This was especially pleasant given the next 24-36 hours will bring pouring rain and wind.

It dawned on me that the farewells said this afternoon are but the first of many that will occur in the coming two weeks. Convocation is a week away. I still know the graduating class and the one after them, since I taught these students in several courses. The class two years out I taught in one course, so they will be the last group that I got to know in a classroom setting. The bittersweet aspects of seeing people move on to the next phase of their careers and lives can be so palpable. We are lucky to be able to work with such wonderful people. Time passes so quickly, that it seems difficult to understand that a full term has elapsed already. Not being in the midst of the teaching this year did make a difference in how time passed. It went by quickly, but for different reasons than when I was in the classroom. <smile>

A song that came to mind is sung by two amazing voices in English and Italian. The melody is beautiful and filled with emotion. Enjoy!

Time to Say Goodbye (Con Te Parero) -- Andrea Bocelli ft. Sarah Brightman


No comments:

Post a Comment