Wednesday 3 April 2019

Day 6 - 92 -- Reduced Cognitive Functioning

A bright sunny morning greeted me when I woke. I headed to the office and realized how fatigued I was when I arrived. I slept fitfully last night so put it down to that. Throughout the afternoon, I found myself deep into editing and revising a document. I got up to walk to the printer when I discovered that my head hurt -- a lot. Somehow the pain of a migraine had stealthily taken hold of my brain. I realized then that the extreme fatigue and fogginess of the morning were the upside of a migraine <sigh>. I shut down the electronics and headed home -- nausea growing as I walked downhill home. I had a shower before things got too bad -- where even the water hurts the head and skin. I felt I could eat something small, so opted for scrambled eggs since they were bland flavoured and quick to produce -- all aimed to ensure I got something into the system while I had the chance. After eating the meal, I promptly fell asleep -- hence, the lateness of this blog.

The title of a song came to mind much later when cognitive functions seemed to be more operational. I also find the tempo changes of this selection were unexpected and somewhat confusing -- attributes of the headache, too. The singer was in his heyday for this one. Enjoy!

Devil in Disguise -- Elvis Presley


No comments:

Post a Comment