Thursday 4 April 2019

Day 6 - 94 -- Taking Flight?

I  walked out to a meeting early this morning mainly with the wind at my back. Heading back home afterwards had me walking head on into huge winds with gusts that did their best to push me off course and almost into the street. Wind was stronger than anything I encountered in the storm yesterday. Walking up to campus meant major cross winds that buffeted me around like a leaf. I had to stop to turn my back into the wind at one point and squat down a bit to remain rooted on the ground. I had been listening to music as I walked, but the wind was so loud I couldn't hear through the earbuds. Crazy. Working inside even without windows in the office, the winds could be heard howling around the building. Once home, in late afternoon, I found the remnants of a large branch from one of the trees lying on the ground. It fell and broke into pieces on impact. It was directly under the wires -- power, fiberop. Somehow the wind moved it around on the trip from tree to ground so that it missed landing on the wires -- a major point of gratitude for the day.

I wondered if the universe was sending me a message today -- one regarding my chosen directions. Was the wind letting me know there was something that needed examination? Or did it just want to dance? A line of a song lyric buzzed around in my head a bit. The lines from a chorus reminded me of what it felt the wind was attempting to do as we did battle today. The song uses synthesized and sung lyrics in an interesting manner. Enjoy!

Knock me off my feet -- Dan Talevski


No comments:

Post a Comment