Friday 5 April 2019

Day 6 - 95 -- Sure Sign of Spring

While washing up after breakfast today, I noticed my first robin of the season. They have been back for a while, but I hadn't seen one in my yard yet. Some of that may have been due to weird weather and icy parts of the yard that make finding food difficult for the birds. It was  pleasant to see this sign of spring, though.

Winds were still strong this morning and cold out of the north. At a seminar across campus I dropped my gloves in the hallway. They were placed on one of the hall chairs but were gone by the time I returned. Others had seen them. I do hope that if someone took them, they needed to have warm hands today. I walked across campus and later home with my hands in my pockets to try to keep a bit warm. I have more gloves at home, so will be fine if they aren't found. It seemed an odd way to end the week -- one that seemed to go on forever <smile>

A song from the mid-20th century came to mind for the blog today. The tempo and rhythm are fun and the lyrics border on silly, but it is a recognizable song from the era. Enjoy!

Rockin' Robin -- Bobby Day


No comments:

Post a Comment