Wednesday 12 January 2022

9-11 (11/1/22) -- Frozen Ground Cover

The morning was colder than any other so far this winter. I moved the two inches of snow from last night. It felt like a balmy Saskatchewan winter day that reminded me of home with the cold, sunshine and minimal wind. After moving the snow, I went for short walk to enjoy the day. Being dressed adequately made the trip delightful. Under the bit of new snow lies icy frozen slush and water. That means walking with care and using some traction material on the slippery areas. 

Inside this afternoon, I read through a peer review manuscript for a journal. I will need to sit on it until tomorrow to let the comments ruminate a bit. Then I'll be ready to refine and submit the comments to the editor. It was a good activity for such a cold day. The furry one sat close, which helped me relax and feel a bit warmer -- likely reciprocity in those feelings <smille>. 

Given the amount of icy frozen ground cover, one song in my head seemed to fit. Now, it is just the first line that fit. The gist of the song is very different than the weather I encountered today. <smile>. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Cold as Ice -- Foreigner 



No comments:

Post a Comment