Monday 31 January 2022

9-31 (31/1/22) -- Another Beginning

Bright sunshine was with us for most of the day. The furry one spent much time in the sunshine as it crossed the kitchen floor. I walked to Main Street to do a couple of errands. The air felt clear and crisp, but the sidewalks were covered in ice that was covered in water in many places. The ice meant I spent my walk looking down at the ground rather than luxuriating in the sun and blue sky. 

After doing some cleaning around the house, I headed out to pick up a takeout order for Chinese food. Tonight is Lunar New Year's Eve -- another beginning. It will be a low key affair here compared to the fireworks and lion dances we encountered in Hong Kong many years back. I try to mark this day with food -- after all, Food is My Life [tm] <grin>. I often make a couple of dishes, but this year chose to let someone else do that cooking. So, I got some hot and sour soup, Singapore curry fried noodle and moo goo gai pan. All was great and they heard me this time when I asked for two of the dishes to be made hot. The heat was super and does not over power all of the other wonderful flavours. Another upside of this wonderful meal is that I now have dinner for tomorrow covered. <smile>  

I looked for a song to share today since the only one that came to mind seemed rather predictable. After listening to several songs and instrumentals, I'm afraid I stayed with the original one that came easily to mind. The others I found in a search just didn't fit for me. So -- sorry, but I expect that most of you will have guessed what I chose to share in this blog. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Eye of the Tiger -- Survivor 



No comments:

Post a Comment