Wednesday 5 January 2022

9-4 (4/1/22) -- Finding the Spark

The day remained grey and cloudy. There were a few Intermittent snow flurries during the day. It felt colder due to the dampness. I had a virtual meeting in the afternoon and worked on household chores and email responses into the early evening. 

My thoughts bounced around as I worked through ways to regain my momentum. Research plans have been disrupted several times and it seems difficult to try to make plans again, when the virus is wreaking havoc globally. I need to travel to do archival research in the UK and US. Many of the texts I need to review have not been digitized, or are not available online outside of the country. Communications with archivists in the two countries might help me to plan where to go to access the necessary materials. I'd like to feel that excitement again -- it has been fleeting. This is one of my ways of satisfying the creative part of me -- writing and telling the story. I miss that. A spark of sorts is there, but it needs to be fanned into a flame again. 

The song chosen today is from a musical and contains lyrics that say much of what I've been thinking -- just with a lot more conviction than I. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Spark of Creation -- Ashley Brown & Stephen Schwartz




No comments:

Post a Comment