Friday 7 January 2022

9-6 (6/1/22) -- Comparison Shopping

I had a restless night with headache and arm pain after the booster shot yesterday. It is all very minor stuff. The upper arm muscle still feels a bit tender and a few other small aches have showed up for a while. I expect fatigue for a day or two, also. I am so glad to have this latest dose completed. 

I headed out for a short walk and to pick up some bread and a prescription. It seems that this one isn't covered by the provincial pharmacare plan either. That is two very common meds. I could buy this one over the counter, but just as with the last one, that would be even more expensive than the full price prescription. In this case, the shelf price is less but once the tax is added, the cost surpasses the prescription price. So, I will check shelf labels when I need a refill and compare costs. I'd like to make an informed decision <smile>.   

I've been a comparison shopper since I was an undergrad and had a very limited income. Similar situations occurred when I was a graduate student. In both times there was more outflow than income. As a recent retiree, I've begun to think of things in this way again. For several years while working full time, it was easier to just tap the card and not pay attention to the cost of basic items. I've started looking at things more closely especially with rising inflation for many goods and services. So, maybe the song lyric is true and it really is "a rich man's world." Keep safe. Enjoy!

Money, Money, Money -- ABBA




No comments:

Post a Comment