Friday 28 January 2022

9-28 (28/1/22) -- Backing and Forth-ing

Today was my running around day. I needed a new drain plug for the tub and picked up mail on campus If it were most other days, I would have stopped at the grocery store for a couple of items that were not available for my online order at the other store yesterday. Today is the day before a storm (yes -- that makes three weekends in a row <sigh>) and the day students are arriving since in-person classes begin on Monday. Residence check-in times began today and will run all weekend, so getting mail today made sense -- fewer folks around this afternoon. Students living off campus are replenishing their pantries and the grocery stores were inundated. 

This afternoon was our annual vet visit. All went well and he is tired and a bit subdued due to interuption of his usual afternoon snooze and effects of the vaccine he received. We got home when I realized I didn't get a refill for the prescription for the furry one. So, out I went and headed back to the vet office. When I arrived, I managed to find a place to park in the back -- it was very busy at that time of day with folks picking up their animals at the end of the day. Then I realized I did not have a mask with me. I thought I had put some in the car, but apparently that was just one of those good intentions that come to me at 3 AM <sigh>. So, home again and then back to the vet office. Thankfully I live in a small town so things aren't all that far apart. In a city, it would have been impossible to complete the two extra trips before the office closed for the day. 

As I was driving around town today, a song line hit my consciousness. I believe I laughed out loud in the car. <grin>. the moniker fit today, but for rather different reasons. <giggle> Hope it makes you smile, too.  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Runaround Sue -- Dion



No comments:

Post a Comment