Sunday 9 January 2022

9-9 (9/1/22) -- Visitors in the Snow

I managed to accomplish some of the weekend tasks today while still dealing with the weather cleanup outside. The laundry is finished <smile>. It took three trips out to move snow left from last night. The plow guy moved much of the snow from the end of the drive. I shoveled the berm left behind the car and cleared some of the ruts from the truck. Later I headed out to move snow off the car. I waited until it was above freezing. Most of it released from the roof at that time. Two to three hours later, a lot of melting was evident as it rained a bit. I headed out again to move more of the snow from the roof of the car. This was necessary tonight as temperatures will drop overnight and everything will freeze up again. The sidewalk, porches and stairs were covered in a thin layer of ice, which prompted a trip to sprinkle ice melter around. I don't want others or me to slip and fall. 

Since there was a lot of physical activity with the three snow moving outings, I didn't go for a walk as planned today. I did have a visit with neighbourhood felines while shoveling the first time. The youngest female from down the block sat under the car and watched. She ran around in the snow, digging holes and diving at them. As I moved snow, she chased any errant bits that rolled down the bank. The other cat from the same house dropped by to see what was up. He is one that has mastered the portals to another dimension -- showing up from nowhere and disappearing into the air. He did not disappoint today <smile>. His antics reminded me of a song -- a fun one from a musical; though this cat is a ginger tabby. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Mr. Mistoffelees -- Timothy Scott & Terrance Mann (Broadway CATS 1983)


 



No comments:

Post a Comment