Saturday 22 January 2022

9-22 (22/1/22) -- Pressures

The sun peeked through clouds by noon today with a few light flurries in the air. I ate lunch and then headed out to shovel the 3-5 cm (1-2 inches) of snow that fell into the overnight. The sun left just as I was getting suited up but the outing still felt good. Staying indoors can become oppressive so outdoor activities are important

I did very little of what I'd planned for the day -- I did make supper rather than reheating something, but other than that, little seemed to be tackled. The past week has felt overwhelming -- too many new things to manage. Why do things arrive in clusters rather than letting one get used to a single item before a new one is tossed into the mix? Since the pandemic began, getting hold of things and doing the basic problem solving has become trickier. In the midst of a great unknown, other smaller unknowns become so much larger than they would be in a less stressful global situation. 

Lines from a song I've used here before got stuck in my head today, so I'm sharing it one more time. It is a great collaborative effort. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Under Pressure -- Queen & David Bowie



No comments:

Post a Comment