Friday 7 January 2022

9-7 (7/1/22) -- Snowy Stormy Day

It has begun. On my walk to an appointment mid-morning,  no precipitation fell. Yet, 15 minutes later when I did the return trip, there were bits of rain with the odd snowflake visible. Five minutes later there were regular snowflakes and 20 minutes after that so many more flakes were falling. Within an hour from leaving the appointment, snow covered everything. Significant snowfall is forecast through to tomorrow evening. Some mixed precipitation and ice pellets are expected. Winds will increase overnight and taper later tomorrow. High risk of power outages exists and temperatures will fall below freezing into tomorrow. I packed a 'go bag' just in case -- well, two -- one for me and another for the furry one. 

Storms can bring mixed feelings. It can be nice to be inside cozied up with a movie or book and watch the snow fall -- though it often is horizontal snow during a nor-easter storm. <smile> Living in a lovely yard with several mature trees -- like several stories tall -- wet snow or ice and wind bring the fear of losing branches or having the whole thing come down on the power line to the house or on the house itself. There will be storm force winds for a couple of hours overnight which is when a power outage may occur since we live in the middle of the Acadian Forest Region. So the desire to relax while remaining vigilant creates a somewhat odd feeling. <smile> 

I've dug up an extra comforter in case power leaves for a bit. A single line of lyric kept running through my mind today .. "I will weather the storm"  It wasn't until writing this that the gist of the full song hit me. There are other things that people do to keep warm in a storm. May need to watch birth rates in September <grin>.  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

I've Got My Love to Keep me Warm -- Bette Midler




No comments:

Post a Comment