Sunday 30 January 2022

9-30 (30/1/22) -- Ice or Sand?

Bits of sun shone through the grayness today.The plow guy came early this morning before I'd called, so I wasn't listening for them. I ate breakfast and then went out to clear the snow and ice from the car. When I moved all that snow off of the walkway, I realized the backhoe left a huge mess on the town sidewalk and the paved entry to the driveway. The huge tires packed down snow there, while my driveway is a bit clearer. I called the boss and he came by and cleared up some of it with the truck plow blade. Being out just after the first guy left would have let me move the snow from the town property. Instead, when I got out there, it had frozen into a solid mass of ice. It is a bit better, but will need a healthy amount of salt from the sidewalk plow to make the sidewalk walk-able for the many folks who walk up and down this street. Sanding the sidewalks and roads would help deal with the ice layers, too. 

I did feel positive most of the time while moving snow over the past two days. However, this does not mean that I'm in any way pleased with the iciness of the world in my immediate surround. It is weather like this that reminds me that I now worry about falling and breaking something -- or should that be something else. One trip and fall that broke incisors (2 years ago) and one slip and fall on stairs that broke an elbow (7 years ago) are more than enough So, weather like this brings thoughts of being somewhere else -- somewhere warmer and ice-free. Somewhere with salt, sand and ice but from very different places -- salt water, sandy ground cover, and cold beverages. <smile> Several places I've visited come to mind jockeying for position. A song presented itself while I was searching for something else. It seemed perfect and reminded me of a day watching sunset on Waikiki. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Mai Tais --  Train ft. Skylar Grey


 

No comments:

Post a Comment