Thursday 27 January 2022

9-27 (27/1/22) -- Frozen!

Today was brought to us by the word 'frozen'. It got very cold last night -- well cold for here. It was about -15C (4F). I let the car warm up while moving snow and ice off the windows and roof. I left the  windshield for last when wiper blades were freed from the ice. I drove off to do errands. On the way, I discovered that the wipers did not move across the windshield. Luckily, there was no precipitation today -- just some great sunshine and blue sky. I did the grocery pickup -- the first in a couple of weeks, so it contained lots of fresh produce. Then I got some bread and muffins. When I got home, the wiper blades still didn't move, so I called my dealership service department and let them know that I would be up shortly for a quick look with a lengthier visit for tomorrow, as needed. As I was leaving the driveway, I tried the wipers again and they worked as expected! There was a chunk of ice that had been dislodged from the gutter area. It must have been impeding the mechanism. Interesting. I've never had that occur and I take time to move as much ice as possible away from the blades and hinge area. I made another call to the service desk and let them know that things seemed to be working. That felt good. <smile>  

The colder days can bring sunshine, which is a great plus. The frozen world of snow and ice is far from my favourite, though. I had a song running through my mind while moving ice and snow from the car, porches and walkways. I chose to share it here so that I'm not the only one dealing with this little earworm. Apologies. <grin>.  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Let it Go -- from Frozen, Idina Menzel 



No comments:

Post a Comment