Wednesday 19 January 2022

9-19 (19/1/22) -- Time for a Cuppa?

The end of the driveway looks like the mouth of a river -- frozen. Clear, thick ice. This is present only for my driveway. All others on the block have far less ice. I'm not sure what makes my driveway so special -- some weird physics at play here? I had cleared it all twice the day before yesterday and it was clear when I drove back into the driveway yesterday. So where this mysterious slush and water pile came from remains a mystery. When I walked out this afternoon, I couldn't stand on the ice without moving downhill. I had to walk along the edge of the ice and the front lawn -- less than the width of my boots. The stuff on the lawn has a thick ice cover over snow and frozen slush, so that is just as treacherous as the ice. This generally happens later in the winter, but has happened earlier in the winter.  

My walk along Main Street felt good. The air is cold, but there were fewer clouds than we've had for a couple of weeks. Sunshine was present most of the day. I got one of the four errands completed. The others will need more searching. I met with a friend via Zoom today. We had not chatted for some time and hope to have a quick tea break more regularly. I miss our tea or lunch visits that happened at least weekly before the pandemic. I do have tea several times daily, but this has often been on my own recently. This beverage has always been integral to socializing. I've missed that and have trried to work that into virtual chats. These thoughts led me to a song about when it is time for a cuppa. It is fun little song from a 1960s band. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Have a Cuppa Tea -- The Kinks



No comments:

Post a Comment