Sunday 15 January 2023

1-13 (13/1/23) -- Learning Reflection

I had planned to go for groceries but chanaged my mind when the freezing rain warning was posted. Even though it is for tomorrow evening, the store would be filled with the usual storm purchasers. I was not ready to deal with the mayhem. I can do groceries another day. 

Most of the day was spent working on a guest lecture for next week. I look forward to being in the classroom rather than a disembodied voice on a virtual platform. I get to see the students, too, which wasn't doable with the platform used. I may even get some discussion or at least responses to questions posed. I prefer a dynamic classroom with two way flow of information. After all, learning is a reciprocal process. 

I learned in the classroom just as students did. Sometimes I found a new perspective to the topic of the day and other times I learned which learning process worked better than another. Regardless, the classroom or lab were designed as learning spaces for all involved. I didn't like the term teacher or the verb 'to teach'. Instead, I called myself a learner, too and a facilitator of learning. So, being in the same physical space should enahnce the learning activities. 

While I have learned about when to avoid grocery stores and how to develop an effective learning spaces, the weather threatening to coat the world in ice seemed to take precedence in my thoughts. One song seemed to float to the top when thinking of a selection for the day. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Ice, Ice, Baby -- Vanilla Ice


 

No comments:

Post a Comment