Saturday 28 January 2023

10-24 (24/1/23) -- Marketing Gimmick

It was very windy early in the day with some sun by mid-day.  Where we saw bear ground and grass last night, we see snow cover today -- just a light covering, but snow nonetheless.  Another storm is on the way for two days from now. That will have major warming with a lot of rain. 

I wrote some non-holiday cards to go with my year end letter for friends and family who are not all online. I had purchased a package of cards. there were eight in the package for $7.99. There was a large call out on the pack noting the the cards were less than a dollar each. Yeah, like 1/8 ceent less. <eye roll>. That almost appears as misleading advertising to me -- expecially in a country where everything is rounded to the nearest 5 cents due to there being no pennies anymore. Now, this rounding only occurs for cash purchases. For debit or credit sales, the exact cost should still be reflected. I did speak to a large corporation recently to express my concern at the rounding occuring even with my credit purchase. That must bring in a lot of money for such a company -- and looks illegal to me. But, back to the card advertizing -- isn't this just a bit ridiculous?  

A song about advertising seemed to fit today, though this one leans more towards spokespeople than other marketing gimmicks like the one noted today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

This Note's for You -- Neil Young







No comments:

Post a Comment