Sunday 15 January 2023

10-14 (14/1/23) -- Lost Switch Found

It poured rain overnight and through much of the day. By late afternoon, the rain became drizzle. The precipitiation is to change over to freezing rain for several hours overnight and then back to rain for the next two days. 

I walked up to the campus to print a couple of documents for the coming week. The mist-like drizzle could be seen in the street lights and felt on my face. The temperature dropped so it felt cooler on the way home compared to on the way in. It was almost refreshing <smile> As I walked by the cathedral tonight, I encountered some of the local crows gathered in the trees around the bulding. I love listening to their evening discussions -- all the caws, clicks and laugh-like sounds are so interesting. It always makes me smile since it sounds like a debrief of their days and I imagine the tall tales that each tells trying to out-story the others. 

I arrived at the office building as the sun was setting. The hallway was very dark and got darker during my stay. I'd forgotten that this happened in this older building. Most buildings on campus were upgraded to LED lights with motion sensors. If there is no movement in a room or hallway, the light turn off. As you walk into a darker hallway, the lights turn on one bank after another. It is a rather heady feeling to be the only one there and have lights turning on just for you -- like a red carpet walk of sorts <grin>. So, the older building that houses my office has no such technology. Tonight I found a new light switch that actually turned on lights in the two hallways. That was cool. I've hunted for these for some time. That helped a lot this evening. It is rather creepy walking down the hallways when there is no one else in the other offices. Knowing where the light switch is will make evening visits much better. 

The selection for today ran through my head while at the office today. It is from a band that I enjoy. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Long As I Can See the Light -- Creedence Clearwater Revival


  



No comments:

Post a Comment