Sunday 1 January 2023

9-364 (30/12/22) -- Keep Going

Today was another rainy day. I got another parcel into the mail, one that was going to be late from the get go. Again, I chose to mail in a prepaid standard box, which ships expedited with tracking and insurance included. All of that costs less than basic parcel post in a box or padded envelope. Crazy. I had dinner at a friend's home where three of us had a long overdue visit. The lamb stew was stellar and the veggies very yummy. We even tried a new wine -- a nice Australian blend. 

Getting out to visit with one person or a small group of friends feels almost normal again. There are multiple viruses out there, but if we take precautions, as we have been for some time, the risk is smaller. I sorely missed seeing others over the past two years -- those just down the street and those a plane ride away. I hope this year will bring more visits to those further away. 

Hopes and dreams and positive thoughts for the future often predominate at this time of year. I've been working on seeing the good in each day and finding gratitude. I find this practice needs constant focus on the up and down days. I plan to recognize the positives while acknowledging the negative feelings that arrive. That should ensure reflective thinking continues. In short, the next year will be similar to past years -- trying to be the best me I can be. The song chosen for today speaks to the need to be somewhat tenacious in the planned process. <smile> Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Don't Give Up -- Sia 



No comments:

Post a Comment