Wednesday 11 January 2023

10-10 (10/1/23) -- White World

I shoveled snow once it was wetter so heavier <smile>. It had been light fluffy snow until the temperature rose, which compressed the snow into a wetter format. It was easy to push since the ground was less saturated than earlier snows this season. That outing felt invigorating. Getting out into the fresh air while being physically active can produce endorphins that elevate mood. 

I spent the afternoon in a research meeting -- one where I haven't done what I'd hoped to do by today. We will continue, though. <smile> I submitted a peer review for a journal. These can be taxing, as anyone who reads this blog regularly might recall <grin>. I won't moan and groan this time. It just took a concerted effort on days that my brain would rather just veg with a movie. <giggle> Such tasks stimulate the brain and make it work in a way that it used to do for the majority of a day. I suspect that doing reserach writing and reading can improve brain function. So, I shouldn't complain or feel cranky about it all, eh? <smile> 

A song came to mind that deals with moving snow around. Granted, what fell overnight and today was only about 10+ cm (4+ inches), but it still needed to be moved. The song has a great story and upbeat tempo. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Shoveling -- Tom Chapin




No comments:

Post a Comment