Sunday 1 January 2023

10-1 (1/1/23) -- 2023 Wishes

New Year's Day was a quiet day. I drank my first chai of the year from a wonderful new mug. Dinner was New Orleans red beans ( Lundi beans) and rice with steamed greens (gai lan) -- foods traditionally eaten to ensure good luck and prosperity in the New Year. They taste great, too. <smile> Temperatures were unseasonably warm with rain. Today was also calendar changing day.. I have some great calendars with nature and music themes. It is always fun to post the new calendars; it feels fresh and full of hope for the days ahead. 

Today also marks the begining of the tenth year of this blog -- thath's over 3000 entries. It has allowed me to do some non-technical reflective writing. Some days are more substantive than others, but I've come to realize that this pattern fits the days -- some are more mundane than others. <smile> So, I can't promise earth-shattering thoughts every day, but I hope I can continue to share some aspects of day to day life with a musical selection. 

Lyrics that ran through my head today provide a sincere wish for friends and family for 2023. I share that song here with wishes for all the best in the New Year. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

This will be our Year -- The Zombies




  

No comments:

Post a Comment