Sunday 1 January 2023

9-365 (31/12/22) -- Later in the Day

On this last day of the year, temperatures rose into higher than average levels. Sunshine and blue sky appeared early in the day with clouds moving in by late afternoon. Rain is expected overnight and into tomorrow. Household chores filled most of the agenda today. I like to have clean clothes and house heading into a new year. That leaves New Year's Day open to do fewer chores and just enjoy the day. 

Tonight I visited with a dear friend online while enjoying some good cheese and a favourite red wine. I've never been one for large -- or even medium sized -- New Year's Eve parties. I'm a fan of smaller gatherings. Tonight helped me smile a lot -- something I am grateful for. <smile> It was a late evening as New Year's Eve is often. Not middle of the night late, but after midnight late <smile>. 

A song about later in the day came to mind today. I love the complex rhythm of this songwriter. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Late in the Evening -- Paul Simon





No comments:

Post a Comment