Sunday 15 January 2023

10-15 (15/1/23) -- Time Passing

 It was a coold and windy day. A freezing rain warning is still inplace into the overnight hours. Staying indoors made sense, so I worked on the usual weekend chores -- laundry and some clearning. That was the extent of  my physical activity. I hope to get out for a walk tomorrow. 

I looked at the calendar today and had to pause. Time has been moving quickly. It is the middle of January already. How did that happen? Is it because I've been working on future travel plans? I have a few pending pieces that are outside my control. Waiting for those to fall into place may produce some of the anxiety around exact dates. I don't deal well with outside forces that intefere with plans. I can grasp it at times but still have stressed out moments. Practicing breathing and re-centering takes some work. I have a couple of visual cues in the house that remind me to do check ins. They do help. When thinking through this, it seemed that the external items trigger feelings like those experienced during lockdown and travel restrictions over the past almost three years. Finally being able to travel again for research felt foreign. It once was second nature to arrange such trips. Now, things are very different -- like learning to travel after 9/11. So, it isn't as easy as I expect it to be based on past trips. Instead, I find myself havng to learn new ways of making arrangements due to altered post-pandemic protocols. I hear my own words in my head at times -- advice given to others -- 'breathe' and 'be kind to yourself.' Taking one's own advice is never simple. <smile> 

Thinking of the nature of time today I heard a chorus lyric line in my head -- "There never seems to be enough time to do things you want to, once you find them." It is a bit sad, but it also made me think that I have right now and I can enjoy the moment as I plan for future moments <smile>. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Time in a Bottle -- Jim Croce  




No comments:

Post a Comment