Friday 6 January 2023

10-4 (4/1/23) -- Irritating Pop Ups

The focus today was a series of short shopping errands. We had drizzle with above freezing temperatures, but expect freezing precipitation in the next couple of days, including rain, snow and ice pellets or freezing rain. My preference would be ice pellets if we have to experience one of these forms of water. They are like shoveling wet cement, but don't cause the same damage or risk power outages in the way freezing rain tends to do. So, given the forecast, I wanted to get the handful of neded supplies before the weather changes.

Change is a major player as a new year begins. It is part of any day, but it seems there is a major focus on alterations taking place around us as the year number changes. I've been making plans to get the research project travel back on track after almost three years. Things pop up that can cause plans to move around appointment dates and such. Most plans can be flexed, but sometimes that isn't an option, which can make me rather cranky. <smile> Perhaps I'm expecting things will just go smoothly so that I can create my own fluidity when planning. I guess that isn't a realistic expectation <sigh> -- just another bump in the road. I think the pop up feature of change is just as irritating as all those pop up ads on our screens. <smile> Just need to find a way around them. 

We need to face changes around and within us in order to move forward. A song title came to mind that notes the need to accept changes. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

A Change Would Do You Good -- Sheryl Crow



No comments:

Post a Comment