Monday 9 January 2023

10-7 (7/1/23) -- Disappearing Cover

More snow fell overnight -- termed a light covering, which is more than the dusting we got yesterday. Temperatures rose in the morning so much of the snow melted by late afternoon when temperatures dropped again. I smiled when I didn't need to use a shovel on the porches. <smile> Household cleaning and laundry chores occupied much of the day. In between chores, I worked on a peer review for a journal manuscript and wrote a draft of an application purpose. Several projects have looming deadlines for next week so lots of tasks to manage -- most likely to take far more time than I would like. As time progresses one would think that estimating how long things will take would get easier -- apparently not. <smile> 

As I walked by windows today, the rapid snow melt in the yard was very clear. It made me think of the warmer weather we've had recently. Each time this topic comes up, I find it difficult not to think of the weather as a product of climate change. I found a song that perfectly fits the thoughts about not shoveling and warming trends. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Look our any Window -- Bruce Hornsby and the Range



No comments:

Post a Comment