Thursday 19 January 2023

10-18 (18/1/23) -- In-Person Sunshine

Today was an interesting day -- a good day. I lectured ina classroom for the first time since 2019. Seeing people   -- even masked people -- felt so good. They agreed that seeing a lecturer was far better than listening to a disembodied voice. The topic was agism, something near and dear to my heart -- much advocacy to be done to reduce this form of discrimination based soley on age. Often this focuses on older people, yet it occurs with those of any age cohort. The lecture was for a class on aging adults, so I spoke of experiences and frustrations of people at the older ed of the life spectrum. We explored societal attitudes, beliefs, values and perceptions surrounding age  in vaarious ways. It was a fun time. 

When I left to head home, there was sunshine and blue sky all around! It has beens so long since even a brief spot of blue has been visible. The other day, I got excited when the cloud cover thinned a bit and it seemed as if there was light behind the clouds -- just for a few moments while I was walking. So, the full on sun today felt amazing! It lightened my mood and helped me to retain that feeling. I'm glad I had the time to enjoy this brightness today. 
 
A song bounced around my head as I walked home in the sun. I like the upbeat lyrics and music. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Good Day Sunshine -- The Beatles



No comments:

Post a Comment