Sunday 7 May 2023

10-123 (3/5/23) -- Transition Time

I stayed indoors today instead of going out in the rain and cold. There were snowflakes n the air between the bouts of pouring rain -- just a few and nothing accumulated on the warmed ground. I spent the day working on editing a manuscript that has been sitting for a while. I attended a virtual meeting to review edits suggestion to another document. Both projects require further work and meetings. While there were potential errands to run today, there is no shortage of things to do inside it seems. 

Cold air feels colder when it is damp or when the wind gets stronger. When both are present, it really makes one shiver. The past couple of days and the next few will be chilly and wet. It is a part of the transition that is spring. I find it difficult not to pull out the parka on such days. Instead I wear a heavy fleece jacket under the rain jacket and wear warm gloves and carry a hat if my ears get cold. Seat warmers in the car provide comfort, too. <smile> 

I chose a song that speaks to the transitions that come with spring and changes that occur withing and around us as we emerge from one season to another. Keep safe. Enjoy!

First of May -- James Taylor



No comments:

Post a Comment