Sunday 21 May 2023

10-236 (16/3/24) -- Resilience

I was greeted by sunshine this morning. I added potting soil to the irises and planted the bulbs dug out of the lawn. I did this on the back porch which faces south. It was hot. By the time I headed out an hour later, it had clouded over so didn't feel as hot as it had. There also was a light breeze that made the air feel colder. 

I had a productive meeting with a co-author as we discussed one of the writing projects. We divided the tasks between us and will meet in two weeks to see how much we've progressed. At times I feel I have so much on my plate that I can't add something else. I can only do my best given the resources available each day. These thoughts brought to mind the amazing plant I saw while surveying the growth in the yard. Last September when the hurricane uprooted the huge tree in my back yard, I was sad since it pulled up a day lily and peony with the giant tree root ball. That has not been removed. But when I looked closely, I saw there were over 16 peiony spikes growing out of the tree roots -- more stems than that peony has ever had. Seeing this showed me the resiliency of nature. It had me thinking that I could be resilient, too, and take advantage of the situation to grow something new and unique -- unexpected even. So, I did some bits of sorting and organizing downstairs and hope to move on with the plan tomorrow. 

Looking at the peony today brought a song line and title to mind. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

I Will Survive -- Gloria Gaynor





No comments:

Post a Comment