Tuesday 16 May 2023

10-135 (15/5/23) -- Can you see me now?

A sunny Monday morning greeted me -- earlier than I had planned, but sunny nonetheless. I had a walk through booked for mid-morning to provide an estimate for toting and transporting all my stuff up the hill. Several things will be easier to prepare than I'd thought since some things can be left as is rather than being encased in cardboard. Cool. Still, much work remains. I hope to reach the halfway point soon, though I'm not sure what that will look like. It might be the number of rooms tackled instead of the total box count. I'm not sure how best to mark progress with this.  

My walk for the day took me to campus. I took the long way so I could see the magnolias in full bloom. Several smaller trees have been planted recently and are blooming. I found all white blooms. Pink and yellow blossoms should be somewhere on campus but I'm not sure where. I took my research laptop to the IT desk -- Again for a faulty camera. <sigh> It refused to load yesterday with a virtual call -- so very frustrating.  This time, the audiio wouldn't load either, so the silly thing is escalating the problem. <grump>. The camera was replaced in the past few months while still on warranty. At that time, the tech suggested that if the problem reappeared that the problem may be with the mother board rather than the camera itself. <big sigh>. I need a machine and am ready to buy another if the warranty is up now. I just want something that does what it was designed to do. I logged the issue with the IT Help Desk and made an appointment with a Tech later in the week. That should give us a plan to go forward so I don't have to continue with this silliness again ... and again and again. In the meantime, I borrowed another newer laptop to use for the many regular meetings booked. 

Being unable to communicate visually and verbally was very odd. I've come to expect this technology to work on a daily basis over the past few years. Without it, I feel isolated. The tablet just doesn't manage as well as the laptop. <sigh>  I giggled a bit when a song came to mind. Imagine that! <smile>  Keep safe. Enjoy!

Pinball Wizard -- The Who




  

No comments:

Post a Comment