Sunday 28 May 2023

10-47 (27/5/23) -- On the Back Shelf

Another Saturday  and I spent it doing more work in the office clearing old electronic support manuals and software. There is still much to do, but I'm over halfway through getting the room ready to put into boxes. In my breaks from this work, I did laundry and some bits of household cleaning. I made a bigger brunch meal today that was very yummy. The nausea and dizziness has lessened, so I'm still being careful about what I eat. 

Today I found that I had squirelled away a lot of hardware and software manuals. Now that sentence should tell you how long these items have been sitting on a back shelf in my office room. It has been a goodly long time since paper manuals became obsolete and online help and manuals were de rigueur. So, these helped to fill another large recycling bag. I amaze myself at what I've pushed into corners over the years. I come by this honestly as my family can attest to -- many family members of my and earlier generations have fully expressed this genetic trait. We also have a high degree of clutter blindness due to this trait. <grin>  

The Governor General Awards for laureates in all categories will have a gala event this evening at the National Arts Centre. I'd like to include another song from one of the the singer-songwriters honoured this week. This selection is written and performed by the honoree. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Constant Craving -- k.d. lang 




No comments:

Post a Comment