Sunday 21 May 2023

10-139 (19/5/23) -- Serial Haunting

The week is ending with sunshine and warmer temperatures but with some wind. Technology updates were positive. For now the laptop is functional with camera and audio again. this happened after some firmware updates that hadn't gone through automatically. That wasn't what it needed when we replaced the camera a while back so will be cautiously optimistic for now.  The other ancient device left with a tech place a week ago hadn't been looked at yet due to technical issues they were dealing with after a lightening strike. I took the thing home with me as the tech will be on vacation for a week or so. At home, it acted normal -- not like before I took it for help. It is fully charged and hadn't held a charge before. I supect the charger not the device, so will try a different charger when it winds down. 

I feel that poltergeists may be messing with my technology. Besides the two devices mentioned here other items have had issues. A television became a doorstop -- nothing will help that one, I'm afraid. The pvr with the other television seems to record things I haven't programned and tells me programs are being watched on another television while insisting that they can't be erased, yet progrrams disappear from the list of recordings. I've also had charges for two pay-per-view movies show up on the past two billing cycles each from 9:30 AM. The cell seems to hang onto one time alarms and encourages me to tap the screen to put the time in place for two weeks from the original date of the alarm. Messenger has made keeping in touch a bit more difficult. Something is a afoot I fear <smile>.  

I wondered if something was trying to tell me that I rely too much on the digital technologies. I thought of another song with different metaphors than I had pondered today. I particularly like the final one which is a play on a message in a bottle. Cool. Keep safe. Enjoy!

Virtuality -- Rush



No comments:

Post a Comment