Saturday 13 May 2023

10-128 (8-5/23) -- Storm Moves Through

I had two appointments this afternoon. After the first one, I headed to the mall to get some things on my list. I started with the garden centre and got some potting soil. When heading in to pay for the bag, I saw a colleague who was heading back to campus. The sky looked menacing with deep grey onto navy clouds headed our way. I said I could drive him back to the office once I got the soil into my car. As we left the mall parking lot, small bits of rain landed on the windshield, but not enough to use the wipers. Just as I had dropped him off and turned around to leave, drops hit the windshield that were an inch or more in diameter. I chose to head home instead of returning to shopping. It was very wet getting from the car to the house. As I made a light lunch, thunder rolled in the distance. There were a couple of short light flashes that must have been lightning. They were some distance away. By the time my late afternoon appointment occurred, the rain had stopped. 

A song from an artist who hasn't been in the blog for while just seemed to fit the day. Keep safe. Enjoy!  

Lightning Bolt -- Jake Bugg



No comments:

Post a Comment