Saturday 13 May 2023

10-129 (9/5/23) -- Waste Management

Today was bulky waste pickup day in town. I took several larger items to the curb last night hoping that someone would find something they could make use of, Not sure if anyone did take anything home with them. Nothing was left at the curb, so if nothing else the refuse workers took it. I had a phone meeting with a friend this afternoon and then a virtual meeting about one of the writing projects. Things sounded positive -- though work is definitely involved. <smile> 

I went for a walk to pick up a prescription that I ordered today only to find that it had been filled almost a month ago -- the day the MD prescribed it. Very odd. They don't usually do auto-fills, but must have thought I needed it so filled it without my knowing. We had a good laugh over things, at least. 

I had a list of things that needed to go out on Bulky Waste day that just don't fit in a bag. Unsurprisingly, I walked down the basement stairs and saw something that was to have gone to the curb for this morning. So -- not sure when that will be taken care of, since new management of town and county waste pickup,will charge for anything you want to drop off at another time. I'm not sure how people moving in and out in months other than April (and September in town only) manage the trash. I heard a line from an older song when thinking about this today. Hope it helps you smile. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Yakety Yak -- The Coasters



No comments:

Post a Comment