Sunday 28 May 2023

10-148 (28/5/23) -- Thorns

Today was HOT -- 31C/88F. I did outside things earlier in the day to avoid the oppressive heat of the afternoon. It has been a busy day. I ran a couple errands on Main Street and finished the laundry. Further work in the office room was done. I'm ready to leave it for now and just put stuff in boxes. I pulled weeds in front flower beds since the soil was moist after the rains of the past couple of days. It made things easy to remove. I also trimmed -- rather, fought with -- a wild invasive rose-like plant -- thorny brancches that grab hold and stay there until you carfully remove them or the clothing tears <grump>. I thought it was in one area in front of the house but found it was creeping along into other shrubs closer to the house. This made me think of Princess Aurora behind the wall of thorns placed around the castle by Maleficent. <g> The prince will need to come by and helped hack back the thorny mess. <grin> 

One of my favourite Disney movies as a young kidwas Sleeping Beauty. I had (and still have) a large size story book and a puzzle with a scene from the movie. I had the LP, too. Not sure if that is still with me, but it may be. I haven't had a functioning turntable for several years, so haven't dug into the box of records. I wanted to share a song that came to mind after my encounter with the thorny bush. It made me giggle. <g> 

Hail to the Princess Aurora -- from Sleeping Beauty (Disney movie)



No comments:

Post a Comment