Sunday 28 May 2023

10-144 (24/5/23) -- Little Accomplished

Today two meetings were postponed, but not much completed in terms of packing instead of meeting. I made several phone calls abiyt arrangements for the move, but it doesn't feel like enough for one day. I spent a bit of time on a writing project, but there is much left to do so it, too, feels like not much done. <sigh> 

The day was bright and sunny with warmish temperatures. A cooler air mass with rain is headed this way for tomorrow. We need rain, so hopefully the forecast for about an inch/25 mm will materialize. That will give me a day to stay indoors and get some work done in the office room and make a few more phone calls. 

I dislike the feeling of rising panic that arrived when I realized it was Wednesday and nothing in the way of putting things into boxes has occurred in the past four or five days. It is much too easy to get into managing other parts of life -- like grocery shopping and paying bills. Everything seems to take so much more time than I planned.  

A strong female role model died today. Tina Turner was 83 years old. She worked regularly into her 70s and found ways of reinventing herself as music genres changed over the years. Before all the tribute notices online and broadcast TV filled my head with the many hit songs she had, two came to mind today. I share them here today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

River Deep, Mountain High (Phl Spector version 1966) 


The Best (released 22 years after the first selection here -- 1988)



No comments:

Post a Comment