Sunday 7 May 2023

10-125 (5/5/23) -- Box Struggles

Today is cinco de mayo. I celebrated by continuing with the packing and sorting in the storage room today. Got things into several new boxes. Found more items for bulky waste pickup next week and items for donation pick up next weekend, as well. Taking breaks helps, but I still feel very tired and sore at the end of the day. I will take tomorrow off and then get back at it for a few hours each day. 

Dealing with cardboard boxes gets old very quickly. They all look the same. One looks the right size but can't hold the intended contents well -- either too big or too small.  As they are filled and stacked they all look the same. Which one has what I need first at the other end. Labeling helps, but can still be difficult when deciding which room things should go to at the other end. It might help if I could just focus on the packing process and worry about the moving and unpacking later. Unfortunately, all three phases are linked, which makes separating them nearly impossible. Getting a rhythm might help, but disruptions occur just as the vision of a rhythm becomes almost clear. The best I can do is persevere -- no other choice.

While struggling with boxes today, I thought of a song. The lyrics  can fit my activities just a bit. It did make me smile abit, too. <smile>  Keep safe.Enjoy! 

Little Boxes -- Elvis Costello


 

  




No comments:

Post a Comment