Sunday 21 May 2023

10-138 (18/5/23) -- Searching for Answers

I woke earlier than plananed and spent much of the day sorting and packing in the basement. Things are looking more managed, but there are a few corners left to tackle.  A physio visit lte afternoon was followed by a grocery run. I got home at 7 PM and was very tired by early evening. I know that is a laundry list of my day, but along with those actions, I was thinking of many things. 

I've been pondering the meanderings of the research I've been involved with for several years. Questions abound. The search for answers can be fun and frustrating at the same time. Where to look to find clues takes some time to search. What I'm looking for isn't always there, but when a small tidbit presents itself it feels huge. Finding the little pieces often directs me to another potential place  to search further. It is like doing a jigsaw puzzle but the pieces are found in a bizarre scavenger hunt. That anything comes of it all is nothing short of amazing. These meanerings of my mind took me to a book -- not yet in a box <smile>. I recalled a wonderful explanation of research there. 

    "... the way this science proceeds towards its goal: each new discovery a tiny prism to catch the light from what we know and split it apart into new patterns of possibility, sharper questions, more certain uncertainties." [from Johanson, D., & Shreeve, J. (1989). Lucy's Child. The discovery of a human ancestor. Early Man Publishing, Inc., pp. 282]

How cool is that?  Oddly enough I also heard a line from a song that deals with the search for answers.  <smile> I love the poetic lyrics and the early use of a synthesizer. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Daily Nightly -- The Monkees




No comments:

Post a Comment