Tuesday 23 May 2023

10-143 (23/5/23) -- Busy Fatigue

Today I took refundables to the Erviro-Depot. It is good to see another corner of the basement freed from stuff. A good friend went with me to load and unload the bags. I hadn't done this return since the pandemic began. I then "made small groceries" -- the New Orleans term for a short list for specifics vs. making big groceries, which is a major stock-up trip. This took as long as a bigger purchase. Long lines at the check-out and the need to find tea took much longer with a lot more back and forthing in the store. The tea wasn't on the shelf and I was told it was in a pile at back -- this, as the customer service person vaguely waved an arm at the far corner of the store. I laughed and said it was hidden. She got testy and told me that it was impossible to keep shelves stocked when there were sales so things are in the big aisle at the back. This is a new practice and there was no need for the attitude. <sigh> 

The sunshine today felt warm but the breeze is still coming to us via the strait which still has some ice present -- so it is a bit cool but not uncomfortably so. I decided on take-out for supper tonight. I was physically tired today -- Lots of walking and much toting of stuff. I didn't get to the phone calls I'd hoped to begin today, but  in the parlance of Scarlett O'Hara 'tomorrow's another day' <smile> Tonight I share a relaxing melody with lyrics addressing the theme of tomorrow. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Tomorrow Never Knows -- The Beatles




No comments:

Post a Comment