Monday 3 June 2024

11-149 (28/5/24) -- Great Customer Care

I encountered exceptional customer service today. I meant to place an online order yesterday, but didn't get to it so I tried this morning. Firstly, I couldn't login as it wouldn't accept my password. I attempted to order as a 'guest' and wasn't able to navigate the screen well. The "how did we do?" bot button sat right over the left menu for ordering. Sorting for specific items was impossible. So, I called customer care. The person on the phone was very calm and let me know that they launched their new website today. Yay me <sigh>. They requested that people reset their password and try again. If things didn't work, I was to wait a bit and try again. Well, it didn't work so I waited until early evening. When I tried again, if anything, the navigation had become worse and no buttons worked to search  or change password. I took a deep breath and called the customer help folks again. The woman on the other end of the call was amazing! She suggested a couple of things to try and then put in a request that the tech issues be escalated to those in the know. She then checked the inventory of the local store to discover they had both items in stock -- for one item they had a single one in stock and for the second item, they had almost as much as I would have ordered. She asked them to hold the items for me to pick up tomorrow. She called me back to let me know what had transpired with the local store. I was blown away by the problem solving steps she was empowered to use. Then she told me that there would be a $25 gift card at the store when I picked up the order. I was stunned and almost speechless -- almost<grin>. I had a few tears after that revelation.  I've always been pleased with the support from their care team, but today hit a new high. 

It was good to know that the training of care team members seems to address that they have no idea what else is going on in a customer's life on the day that they phone with an issue. I did tell this woman that she made my day. A song came to mind that spoke of the work involved in keeping businesses up and running. I share that one here today. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Takin' Care of Business -- Bachman- Turner Overdrive



No comments:

Post a Comment