Monday 3 June 2024

11-150 (29/5/24) -- Not Done Yet

Today was the 6 week post surgery eye check. The upshot was some good news and some slightly less good news. A second procedure is needed and then another 6 week recovery time before we can get glasses that will help me to see well to read, work on the laptop, read a label and thread a needle. Even with readers from the drug store, things aren't clear enough in both eyes to do up close work. Distance vision isn't a problem, so I can drive and travel around without difficulty. The 'fix' is easy and is done in the office on a laser clinic day. 

After I received this news, I went grocery shopping and then home. A dear friend stopped by for tea in the afternoon. She helped me focus on the positives with the new vision issue. I have access to a super surgeon and that in the grand scheme, another 6 to 8 weeks is quite doable. I'm not sure when the next appointment might be booked, but it shouldn't be very long. The report from my optometrist to the ophthalmologist will go out tomorrow. I will call early next week to leave a message about the disruption in research work and ask that I get in as soon as possible. 

So, again I find myself waiting for a medical appointment. The chorus of a song seemed to fit my feeling today.  Keep safe. Enjoy! 

The Waiting -- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers



 

No comments:

Post a Comment