Thursday 27 June 2024

11-176 (24/6/24) -- Trip Prep

We went out for a brunch meal today. The eggs benedict were a bit overcooked but the hollandaise was amazing. <smile> The rest of the day was spent readying things for the trip back to the airport tomorrow morning. We filled the car with gas now so we could get onto the road sooner. The weather today is cooler and humid with periods of light to medium rainfall. The forecast stated that rainy weather will taper by morning <fingers crossed>. I dislike driving in anything past very light rain. 

We turned in earlier than usual, but then have to rise earlier than usual. It has felt a bit somber knowing that we won't be together again for a while. I'm just trying to savour the moments we have. A song came to mind as we prepared for the journey to the airport for me and beyond for my friend. It sounds a bit sad, but it fits my thinking today. I enjoy the harmonies in this version. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Leaving on a Jet Plane -- Peter, Paul and Mary





No comments:

Post a Comment