Wednesday 12 June 2024

11-164 (12/6/24) -- Lovingly Restored

I did some small grocery shopping this afternoon, followed by a search for insect repellent -- who knew there were so many different ones? My 'go to' is not longer on the market in the format I prefer, but I did find one with broad protection for extended time that was in a pump spray bottle instead of an aerosol. I did get some cooking things knocked off the 'to do' list, also. Yum. <smile> 

Around 7 PM I heard a loud vehicle noise -- like a Harley sound. It's all in the muffler system. It went on for a bit, so I looked out the window -- feeling like Gladys Kravitz <grin>. There were a couple of vintage cars on the street. As I watched, I realized it was a parade of cars, mostly from 60's, 70's and some early 80s. One car was from the late 30s or early 40s and a couple trucks were from that era, too. There were so many large boxy cars that we used to call 'boats' along with some early muscle cars and sports cars. It was fun to watch them pass by. The drivers waved as they passed by people on their front porches. It was a great surprise that made me smile. 

A song the deals with keeping older motor vehicles as close to new as possible over decades seemed like the best choice for the blog today. It also made me think of the restoration work we do as we age. That will need to be a topic for another day. <smile>. The song shared makes me smile much like the parade of cars did tonight. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Red Barchetta -- Rush 




No comments:

Post a Comment