Tuesday 18 June 2024

11-170 (18/6/24) -- Prepping for Heat

The day began with sunshine and a cool westerly wind. Clouds arrived later in the afternoon. Temperature warnings have been posted for the next two days, when higher temperatures and major humidity will move in from the Gulf of Mexico. The heat advisory covers eastern Canada and the US. Summery weather will be present before the official arrival on Thursday. 

I did a short walk today and spent most of the day doing more household chores. Tending to the patio plants was a pleasant break. Most of them are doing well. I received a few more plants from friends today, but will wait to transplant them until the wicked heat passes. I don't want to stress them too much. I did prepare some foods that will take a bit of time on the grill or stovetop and not the oven. These should help on the hotter days. No use over stressing the a/c, either. <smile> 

Today is a major artist's 82nd birthday. In honour of that, I chose one of his recordingss. I love this one and the use of bagpipes. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Mull of Kintyre -- Paul McCartney and Wings



No comments:

Post a Comment