Wednesday 5 June 2024

11-155 (3/6/24) -- Under Cover of Darkness

Today brought some sun, slightly and warmer temperatures than yesterday. It ended with light rain, though. I managed to get to some work on a writing project but had to leave some of it to my co-author. Formatting created challenges as we sent the file back and forth. I swear there is something odd with the word program over the past couple of months.  

Getting waste to the curb occurred in the early evening. But, bulky waste pick up happens tomorrow morning, so I had to get other things to the curb -- the curb across the street (garbage trucks only pick up from one side of the street). The footstool was an easy schlepp. the loveseat was another story. It is a loveseat with a story -- my first piece of furniture after moving to an unfurnished space. It was small and light weight -- good for tonight.  The love seat has seen a lot of homes and was a favourite with furry friends over the years. It is difficult to see it go -- its been a good friend. 

As I dragged the loveseat across the street -- at 1240 AM -- I tried desperately to quell the sound the legs made dragging across the cement driveway and the pavement of the street. I discovered that one leg dragging made a quieter sound, but required me to balance the thing differently. I fully expected a flurry of outdoor lights coming on to see what in the world was going on out in the street. I didn't notice any lights, but that doesn't mean that folks hadn't been disturbed. Even opening the garage door is loud in the quiet of the night. Somehow leaving my couch on someone else's lawn just seemed wrong. <grin> 

I was giggling a bit during this furniture moving process. One song came to mind -- about disposing of things without others seeing. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Goodbye Earl -- The Chicks




No comments:

Post a Comment