Thursday 27 June 2024

11-178 (26/6/24) -- Special People

I felt tired when I got up today. The stress of driving yesterday and the quiet in the house without another person may be just taking its toll, I guess. There was great sunshine but a very strong west wind during the day that made the warmer temperatures feel cooler. I walked to the mailbox and then later in the afternoon, I took a longer walk. Supper was light with more yummy strawberries for dessert. 

Missing my friend makes me feel a bit down. Thinking through it all though, I came to the conclusion that it is great to have people in my life that make me miss them so deeply. These are the special folks who become family -- those who chose you as much as you chose them. Now that is cool. I would still like to be closer for easier visits. <smile> 

A song line came to mind that reflected the gratitude I feel for having such people around me. The song was performed at a Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song that was on television recently. Keep safe. Enjoy! 

Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters -- Elton John



 

No comments:

Post a Comment